Notice: This plugin no longer works with recent versions of WordPress
TxtBuff SMS plugin has been released and is now available for download at the WordPress Plugin directory. This plugin allows WordPress users to display SMS quotes or text messages on their websites. It can also be customized to display only from a specific category, author or just the latest text messages. The plugin can be styled with CSS too!
Download TxtBuff SMS v1.0 from WordPress plugins
How to install:
- Extract all files from the ZIP file and then upload the whole folder to ‘/wp-content/plugins/’
- Activate TxtBuff SMS plugin by going to the admin area of WordPress and click “Plugins”. Find “TxtBuff SMS” plugin and click “Activate”.
- Set desired preferences. Go to the plugin’s options page (located at Options > TxtBuff)
- Select SMS Quote Source. Choose from the following: latest quotes in general, from a specific author, or from a specific category
- Number of quotes. Specify the number of text messages to be displayed.
- Maximum characters. Long text messages will be chopped off at the number specified.
- Appearance. Customize font size, colors, etc. by editing the CSS code.
- Display it. If the current WordPress theme is widget compatible, visit Presentation > Widgets and drag “TxtBuff SMS” widget to where you’d like it to be displayed. If the current WordPress theme is not widget compatible, edit the theme’s sidebar (see the WP Codex for help) and add <?php txtbuff(); ?> to the area where you would like the output to be displayed.
Note: This plugin requires at least WordPress 2.0, tested up to 2.3