Globe Gcash allows any Globe or TM user to send and receive money, buy prepaid load, pay bills, and do a lot of other money-related transactions, anytime, anywhere using SMS. The following is a guide to GCash registration, KYC, funding (cash-in), application of GCash Mastercard, withdrawal of funds (cash-out), and using GCash.
I. Registration. Registration to GCash is free.
- Dial *143#, choose GCash
- Choose Register
- Enter your desired 4-digit PIN
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, Complete Address, and Email (optional). Make sure that your First Name and Last Name match the information that appears in any valid ID of yours
II. Know Your Customer (KYC). This is a process required by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas to validate the identity of a customer availing of a financial transaction (in this case, GCash). It’s a one-time face-to-face requirement that entails the said customer to present one valid ID to an authorized GCASH KYC outlet. This process is free.
- Visit any authorized GCash KYC outlet and present a valid ID
- Fill-up the GCash form with the required personal details
- The outlet’s customer service representative will then take your photo
- You will receive an SMS notification that you have been included in GCash’s KYC database. This message will ask for your MPIN. Reply with the said MPIN to confirm receipt of the SMS notification
For more information on KYC, visit Globe’s KYC.
III. Funding (Cash-in). These are the funding options available:
- Cash-in at any Globe store or authorized GCash partners for free
- Cash-in via mobile banking (BPI, Unionbank). Bank charges may apply.
IV. Application of GCash Mastercard. GCash Mastercard is a type of GCash card with a Mastercard logo that is linked to your GCash wallet. It lets you withdraw from GCash wallet or shop securely from partner establishments that accept Mastercard as a mode of payment. GCash MasterCard costs P150.
- Go to any Globe store or to any GCash caravans listed on their website
- Fill up the GCash Service Form
- Link your GCash Mastercard to your GCash wallet by dialing *143#. The Globe representative will assist you in linking your card.
V. Application of GCash Amex Virtual Pay (optional). GCash American Express (Amex) Virtual Pay is a prepaid virtual card linked to a GCash mobile wallet. This enables users to shop conveniently online, both from local and international sites that accepts American Express. Click here to know more.
VI. Using GCash.
- Send GCash. Dial *143#, choose GCash > Send Money. Sending fee (GCash to GCash) is P10 for every P1,000. The recipient must also be registered to GCash.
- Buy Load. Dial *143#, choose GCash > Buy Load
- Pay Bills. Dial *143#, choose GCash > Pay Bills
VII. Withdrawal of funds (Cash-out). These are the options available:
- Cash-out at any Globe store or authorized GCash partners. Cash-out fee is P20 for every P1,000.
- Withdraw using GCash Mastercard. Cash-out fee is P20.00 per withdrawal.
GCash has a maximum transaction limit of P40,000 per day and a maximum transaction limit of P100,000 per month (both for incoming and outgoing transactions). For more information about GCash, visit Globe GCash.