Notice: Globe Facebook UPD8 is no longer available as of _
Globe introduces a new way to be updated on Facebook using SMS. The service is called Facebook UPD8 and it allows any Globe or TM subscriber to receive alerts on Facebook friends’ activities, change Facebook status message or upload a photo via MMS.
Receiving unlimited Facebook alerts on the latest messages, applications, events and changes in relationship status among friends can be availed for P15 for 24 hours or P50 for 5 days while uploading photos straight to your account via MMS can be availed for P10/10 MMS. Uploads within 3 days.
To start using Facebook UPD8 you must add the UPD8 application online.
Facebook UPD8 Registration
- Log-in to www.facebook.com via the Internet.
- Go to the search box, type in UPD8 and click on Search.
- Click on View Application to start installing the UPD8 application.
- Click on Go to Application.
- You will see a prompt asking you whether you would allow access to your information. Click on Allow to continue.
- Enter your mobile number to link your Facebook account. Then Click on Register.
- You should then receive a text message confirming your registration. Make sure you reply AGREE to the text message from 2838 before you click on OK. After that, click on Next to continue. If you were not able to receive a confirmation message, click on here to update your phone.
- Check the box beside I AGREE and click on OK to continue.
- You will then see the UPD8 main menu window. This contains the buttons for your STATUS UPD8, PHOTO UPD8, and UNLITEXT UPD8. To enable STATUS UPD8, check the box beside I AGREE and click OK. To enable PHOTO UPD8, choose a plan (whether P10 for 3 days or P30 for 10 days ). Check the box beside I AGREE and click OK. To enable UNLI Text UPD8, choose a plan (whether P15 for one day or P50 for 5 days). Check the box beside I AGREE and click OK.
- After choosing UNLI Text UPD8 P15 in Facebook UPD8 application, you can now enjoy unlimited SMS alerts for only P15.00 for 24 hours! You can get in touch and chitchat with the whole barkada through an unlimited number of updates.
- You will receive a confirmation text stating that you have been charged P15.
- Always make sure you are subscribed successfully before you use UNLI15 plan. If you have not received any confirmation message, you will be charged P2.50 per update. Also, you will not be able to receive SMS alerts.
- Once your subscription has expired, you will be sent an invitation to subscribe again.
- You will not be able to register to UNLI50 plan until your UNLI15 plan has expired.
You can also purchase this plan via SMS by texting UNLI15 and sending it to 2838.
- After choosing UNLI Text UPD8 P50 in Facebook UPD8 application, you can now send and receive an unlimited number of Facebook updates with only P50.00 for 5 days. Never miss out on the latest kwentuhan and the most fabulous party ever again!.
- You will receive a confirmation text stating that you have been charged P50.
- Always make sure you are subscribed to UNLI50 plan for continuous alerts. If you have not received any confirmation message, each text on any comment or reply to an alert will be charged P2.50. You will not be able to receive SMS alerts. Should you not receive the confirmation message after registering to UNLI50, the system will keep trying to subscribe you every 4 hours from 8AM to 8PM and will continue until successful or until you decide to opt out.
- Prior to the expiration of the weekly subscription, a notification message will be sent 24 hours before informing you about your impending expiration. This will come with instructions to opt out (i.e. text STOP UNLI).
- If you decide not to opt out and continue with the service, you will be sent a charging message informing you about the renewal of your subscription for one more week.
- Once you have been successfully rebilled, you will continue to send and receive updates.
- If you decide to opt out at any time, just text STOP UNLI and send to 2838 for FREE.
You can also purchase this plan via SMS by texting UNLI50 and sending it to 2838.
MMS10 and MMS30 plan
With MMS10 plan you can bulk purchase 10 MMS Photo Uploads for P10.00 under the MMS10 plan. The photo upload credits availed will need to be used within 3 days.
The MMS30 plan is also available for the purchase of 40 MMS Photo Uploads for P30.00. Upload credits must be consumed within 10 days.
Other than using your Facebook UPD8 application to purchase your plan, you can also purchase your plan via SMS. For MMS10 plan, simply text
MMS10 and send to 2838
For MMS30 plan, text
MMS30 and send to 2838
Before sending an MMS to your account, make sure that you have received the confirmation message stating that you have been successfully charged for the promo. Also, make sure that you are always enabled to do photo uploads in your Facebook UPD8 application in your Facebook account.
To upload photos to your account, simply send an MMS message to 2838 with your photos and text as caption. You can send an MMS of up to 300kB in size.
Upon upload, you will receive a confirmation message stating:
You now have <upload count> photo uploads to avail before <expiry date and time>.
Once your upload credits have been exhausted or the availing period has lapsed, you will receive a message inviting you to purchase more credits.
Should you opt not to purchase more credits and decide to upload photos via SMS, you will be charged P2.50 for each upload.
To change your status, text
UPD8 <status message> then send to 2838. (Example: UPD8 Very sleepy)
Text HELP and send to 2838. (P2.50/txt or for FREE if under any of the UNLI plan)
For further information, you can also text
MORE HELP and send to 2838
Facebook UPD8 is exclusive to all Globe and TM subscribers.
Promo period is from August 22 to September 22, 2008.
Per DTI-NCR Permit No. 4208 Series of 2008