Globe GCASH – How to Use GCASH

Posted on July 30, 2008 by Caroline Siñel in Mobile Banking

Globe GCASHGLOBE GCASH allows any Globe or TM (Touch Mobile) user to send and receive money, buy prepaid load, pay bills, and do a lot of other money-related transactions, anytime, anywhere using SMS.

Globe’s flagship M-Commerce service, was born from a simple goal of transforming a mobile phone into a wallet. With its launch in October 2004, GCASH has effectively given Globe and TM subscribers access to a cashless and cardless method of facilitating money remittance, donations, loan settlement, disbursement of salaries or commissions, and payment of bills, products and services, with just a text message. GCash won the “Best Mobile Messaging Service” in the 2005 GSM Awards.

To register for GCASH, type

REG <4-digit PIN/mother’s maiden name/first name/last name/address> to 2882

Make sure that your First Name and Last Name match the information that appears in any valid ID of yours. This is important for future GCASH transactions.

After you’ve registered, you will need to load your mobile wallet with GCASH. This is done via a cash-in transaction which is the process of converting your cash to GCASH at a Globe Center or at any accredited GCASH partner. (Most 7-Eleven branches are accredited Gcash outlets)

To send GCASH, type

AMOUNT <4-digit PIN> and send to 2882+10 digit cellphone number of the recipient

Sample GCASH confirmation message received by sender:

You have sent 2,950.00 GCASH to Carol Sinel 09178569645 on 7/23/2008 12:31 PM. Your new balance is 2,050.00. Ref. no. 294087757.

Sample GCASH confirmation message received by the?recipient:

You have received 2,950.00 GCASH from Carol Sinel 09178569645. Your new balance is 7,950.00. Ref. No. 294087757.

To buy load using GCASH, type

LOAD <amount> <4-digit PIN> and send to 2882, if you’re loading your self.

If you are loading for someone else, send to 2882+10 digit cellphone number of the recipient.

To pay bills using GCASH, type

BILLPAY <amount> <4-digit PIN> <institution code> <account reference number> and send to 2882

For list of institution codes, click here.
For list of institution codes, click here?(new link)

To use GCASH to pay at SM Malls, type

PAY SM <store code cashier> <amount to be paid> and send to 2318.

The store code is unique to each cashier.

To donate to charitable institutions using GCASH, type

DONATE <amount> <4-digit PIN> <institution code> and send to 2882.

For a list of charitable institution codes, click here.

To check your balance, type

BAL <4-digit PIN> and send to 2882

To check last transaction, type

TXN <4-digit PIN> and send to 2882

To change 4-digit PIN, type

CHG <old 4-digit PIN> <new 4-digit PIN> and send to 2882

To suspend account, type

SUS <4-digit PIN> and send to 2882

To re-activate account, type

ACT <4-digit PIN> and send to 2882

Converting your GCASH to cash is called a cash out transaction. It is done at a Globe Center or at any accredited GCASH partner. GCASH has a maximum transaction limit of P40,000 per day and a maximum transaction limit of P100,000 per month (both for incoming and outgoing transactions). This is to comply with the Anti-Money Laundering Act.

Last modified: Aug 11, 2014

117 Comments on Globe GCASH – How to Use GCASH

1. Why is it so dificult to load my EGames EPins at this moment?

Mam sbi s globe d daw nkaregister ung isang # n binigay m0. Ky d nsend ung m0ney. Pcheck nman po.

sori, i thought he had registered it na. sge po dito nlng s number ko, 0915******. psensya po mam

successfully registered to GCASH ref no. 82630084. cel number is 0916******.

3. ano ang account number ng gcash??

4. I lost my PIN and someone sent me money thru G do i retrieve my PIN? Help!

5. Gcash is a great service I never had any problems, I just wish globe has the bank card service like smart money so you can do transactions online.

6. How can i purchase movie tickets using G-Cash? I want to use it for Thanks!

7. hello! can anybody help us on how to retrieve forgotten G-Cash Mpins! please.

8. to those asking about lost pins, just call customer service. Be sure to be precise with your registration info :D

9. You may retrieve your MPIN by requesting for an MPIN reset by calling 211. They’ll send you a temporary MPIN that you can use to change your password. Thanks

10. How can we become a G-Cash outlet

What are the requirements needed to become a G-Cash outlet??

11. Rochelle Aguilar // December 24, 2009 at 3:16 am //

Hi. How do I request for a list of my g-cash transactions? thanks!

12. is there a possibility of converting Paypal to G-cash so i can transfer my money from Paypal to pay through G-cash?

13. Ms. Ximharij/FuiMaQi // February 18, 2010 at 7:23 pm //

These are the following problems that I underwent: (a). TM/G-Cash cannot send or receive any messages from-to other networks; (b). cannot be contacted by any numbers; (c). failure to transfer of funds to own and other contacts; (d). Failure to withdraw any money from any branches; (e). One of my TM/G-Cash was no longer functioning. (f.) One SIM was noted with INSERT SIM CARD signage at the LCD/Monitor; In general, it seems that the SIMS I have in my possession even my other numbers were malfunctioned from the time of my purchase. For your information. Have a heart to lend a help. .==Xihmarij#19==.

14. Ms. Ximharij/FuiMaQi // February 18, 2010 at 7:28 pm //

TM NUMBERS:+639352050029/+639269056287/+639269056289==same==.

15. How do we buy EPIN for games using gcash?

Btw, you can buy PP funds using your gcash, YM for details

16. cecille // May 9, 2010 at 11:58 pm //

im an ebay buyer..i bought an item from an ebay seller and i used gcash as means of payment…unfortunately i didnt receive the item even though i already made the payment…pls help me to tract the bogus seller..i still have her name, her mobile number as well as the reference number of my payment…response is highly appreciated..tnx much

17. Cecille, you can report the seller to the Trust and Safety Department or Fraud department of eBay. Another option that you can do is to leave negative feedback to the seller if it’s within 60 days. If the transaction is more than 60 days then, there is no way that you can leave feedback anymore.

18. panu kung high school grad lng ako at wala akong id

19. ang gcash ba e parang bank? na pwd doon lang pera sa autoloadwallet or gcash na kung kailangan mo ang pera ma kakonvert yung gcash sa cash ???

20. Princess // July 16, 2010 at 10:15 am //

Hi, is there a way for me to get all the transaction in my GCASH sent thru email. An ebay buyer claims that she sent me the payment and is insisting to have the item that she purchased sent to her, but I did not receive any payment :( Is there like an online banking record where in all debits and credits are listed? Thanks so much.

21. mga kafatid. kerful keyo sa globe gcash. once na send na pho, wala ng bawi-an. minsan ngyari sa veauty ko to, na send ko sa ivang number. aba, sabi ng globe, wala na raw bawi-an, kasi wala daw pho sa system nila.

eh kung wala sa system nila? saan ako hihingi ng tulong? sa smart ba?

22. jennifer // July 23, 2010 at 8:16 pm //

is there any possibility to trace the bogus seller’s identification using gcash? i just got scammed

23. birthcertificate @erica

24. erica,pwede naman siguro ang NBI or kung ano pang ID

25. ask ko lng pagnagregister ka wt if ang sbi ng tx mesage ur g cash walet is already xpred.wt r u going to do?

26. sobrang hassle lang sa gcash kasi kailangan pa ng id eh magdedeposit ka lang d pa din ganun ka convenient like what if kung iuutos mo lang hassle din pala

27. San po nang gagaling yung account number ng g-cash na parang sa mga credit cards??? san nakukuha yun??
    kasi may nakikita po akong nagaaccept ng payments online via g-cash pero hindi cell-number yung account number nila. Kasi diba pag nag pay ka sa seller ng via g-cash e yung cell number nila yung ibibigay nila sayo…

Please answer naman po kung san nakakakuha ng ganung klaseng account number ng g-cash. thank you

28. Bakit ilang ulit ko ng subuk mag register sa GCASH lagi sabing message sending failed? Me problema ba ang system nila ngaun?

29. Deathscythe // September 17, 2010 at 10:23 am //

Paano mag apply ng G-cash card??

30. jessa quitasol // September 22, 2010 at 11:01 am //

I lost my phone and haven’t encashed my GCASH? would it be possible for me to cash it out even if I don’t have the phone?

31. @len:
    i think there’s nothing wrong with Globe asking for an ID if you want to deposit . it is not just for identification but for security purposes as well.

i think it requires 1 peso load to do such thing.

NBI will do.

@cecille and
    I suggest you go to the GLOBE customer service to report such. then they will be able to tell you what steps to do next.

32. Pwede bang NBI or Police Clearance gamitin ID? Di tinanggap yung school ID ko eh.. Nung last sem palang naman yun eh.. La ako birth certificate.. Hassle naman pala masyado to.. Haay.. Ang arte.. Magc-cash in lang naman..

33. ahmad arafat // September 29, 2010 at 2:20 pm //

can we use gcash to buy credits for someone else’s load wallet?

34. paano bumili sa ebay gamit ang gcash

35. where or what affiliated establishments are connected to withraw such Gcash?

36. @she: Ask for the name, address, and cellphone number of the seller, and then go to any Globe outlet to send your money. Or you can register your cellphone first, go to Globe to add money to your cellphone wallet, and then do all the succeeding transactions from your phone.

37. hi…i would just like to ask, can i cash out my money in gcash even if my sim was lost?

38. I just wish that G-Cash Card can also be used online in purchasing airline tickets (Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, Airphil Express, Zest Air), hotel rooms (Asia Travel, Travelocity), utility bills, etc.

39. I’m currently in Australia and I have a roaming Globe sim, Gcash registered . I can receive Gcash remittance from my buyers naman, but I’m trying to Gcash out to pay my supplier, msg failed na. hindi ba pwedeng mg cash out ng Gcash from roaming number? thanks

40. can globe roaming number send gcash (cash out) to gcash number in Philippines? tnx

41. How will you know if the person you were expecting to pay through gcash is the right one? Will his mobile phone number appear in the txt message if he sends the money?

42. I wish gcash will open an API for developers. so we can develop a web application integrated with Gcash. Like integrating gcash at

43. hello po a few days ko na pong di na cash out ung gcash ko….pag nagsend po ako lagi nalng pong un available…anu po dapat gawin?tnx po

pls sino makatulong

45. hi po!!what if nakaregister na aq sa gcash pero dko p nalalagyan ng laman yun gcash ok lng po ba un..and if my magpadala s akin ng money papasok p rin ba yun sa gcash ko?
    thanks more power!!!

46. WALANG KWENTA GCASH!!! sa payment! Naglipana mga mangloloko dto mas safe pa ang bank deposit!!!

47. my sister tried to register but she always gets a message from 2882 saying that her registration is invalid. what could the reason be and what are the possible solutions?

48. super hassle ng gcash
    if i were u mag smartmoney nalang kau..mas easy pa ang mga transactions.

49. teach me how to use it. im only 15 can i have a gcash blah? :))) please answer

50. paano po kung naka register kana sa gcash tapos mali yung name na nilagay mo sa first name makapag register paba ako ulit gamit ang same number na ginamit ko sa pag register?

51. HOW MUCH IS THE REGISTRATION FEE po? please reply. thanks.

53. how much is the service fee if you’re going to send money through gcash? tnx.

54. Hi!

May I copy this blog to our Facebook Page payment through GCash instructions? Thanks :)

55. Hi Leah. Yes you can copy. Please kindly include a link to our site. Thanks.

56. Thanks 4 A Very Helpful Information :)

57. kristiana jorjah // January 3, 2012 at 1:54 pm //

I cant register my TM sim to gcash. Ive tried it many times. Im sure I did what the instruction says. Why is that?

58. Herma rose cidro // April 2, 2012 at 11:54 pm //

How can I use my gcash on my iPhone 4?Nid help

59. Nagsend po aku sa isang frend ng money thru gcash but den d pla xa nkaregister she told me., but den she told me na bkt daw thru gcash ko cnend d daw nya mre2deem. Pero nlaman nyang nsend ko thru gcash.. So ibg sbihin may confirmation pa dn.. Anu po b pwde nyang gawin at sbi nya saken 3 days pa daw bka maactivate ung gcash nya at blocked daw po.. I thot ok na tpos ngmssg xa na kung anu anu pa daw pnapagawa sa knya ng globe like nbi/police clearanz.. Ganun po b tlga?? Paano po b yun?

60. Papano kung may acount ka na sa Globe at may Balance ka Makapag Papadala po ba ako sa Gcash. ano ang dapat ko gawin Para Makapagpadala sa Gcash

61. hi! saan po kumukuha ng funds para sa gcash? tnx po!

62. marijun // June 30, 2012 at 9:46 am //

pano mg.deactivate ng gcash ?

63. Hi. Pwede ko bang gawin itong process na to:
    -> from my BPI account I’ll transfer money to my GCash account through my phone then magka-cash out ako.
    Di kasi ako makawithdraw sa atm coz I’m currently in a place na walang atm machine. But merong Gcash.
    If magkacash-out ako, pwede bang dun sa Gcash outlet lang? Hope to get feedback. Thanks.

64. bellie jean conde // August 4, 2012 at 3:59 pm //

gd pm,

bakit po di ako maka send ng gcash meron naman laman yung gcash ko pag nag send ako yung remark.. you are not allowed to do this transaction.” dati naman di nagka probz ng ganito. pls reply.

65. Jan Kathleen // August 9, 2012 at 11:56 am //

may bayad ba pag mag claim ng gcash?

66. hi, ndi poh ako mkapgregister sa gcash, ilang beses na po ako nag try, is there someone who can help me??thankz

67. Stay away from GCash. Too much hidden charges.

68. may service charge po ba pag nag CASH IN & cash out?
    or other service charge? ngaun ko pa lang po kc ittry ang GCASH..

69. hi! Paano po pag na lost na yung globe sim tapos may nagpadala pa ng payment? can it still be claimed at the globe center? pls help po ive sent kasi gcash payment pero nawala yung sim nya :-(

70. brian carlo nicdao // October 8, 2012 at 8:29 pm //

pano po mag register ng g cash

71. iPatrickJoseph // October 9, 2012 at 5:19 pm //

When I remit funds using Gcash, am I using regular load or cash from Gcash wallet? Im really confused. Pls tell me, thanks

72. Hi, ano po yung bagong link for institution codes for globe? Iba ung lumalabas sa link posted above eh. TIA

73. Bakit di po ako makapag register sa g-cash?

74. Ask q lng po kng ung gcash pede gamitin para mgtransfer s loadwallet ng globe?tnx..

75. y i cant send back the gcash amount..?

it only says i am nt allowed to use the transactions…i tried to call der hotline bt no instructions were given

76. Paano i-recover ung pera sa gcash sim ko e na expired na kse walang cgnal globe dito sa amin sa probinsya, nung nsa manila ako nggmit ko pa pero ngyon ala ng cgnal at mukhang xpire n sim ko..thanks

77. elow po panu po magclaim ng gcash cashout kc di tinatanggap ung reference no.

78. romeo galicia // December 16, 2012 at 12:08 pm //

lahat po ng kasagutan za nga tanong nio,?2mawag lng po za 2882 gcash hotline,thankz….

79. San po yung pinakamadaling pupuntahan/bilhan? para po magkaroon ng laman yung load wallet sa gcash? Im only in hs

80. Alger Saligan // January 11, 2013 at 7:50 pm //

paano po e transfer ang GLOBELoad to G-Cash ?

81. Juvie Basa // January 17, 2013 at 6:34 pm //

Hi! Please help, my friend just sent money thru gcash as payment for her mail ordered gadget, unfortunately it was a scam, can she able to get the location of the gcash reference no.or to hold the cash remitted?

there are people out there using gcash to make fool of others.

I hope the management will get eye on this.

82. ,hi, i just want to ask what should i do f i already registered to g cash..suddenly i changed my globe no. malilipat b un dun xa new no. q..or i need to deactivate dun xa old no. q and den activate to my new no. i need an immediate response po tnx.

83. kate just register again ur new number .. no need to worry about ur old number ..

84. melchie alvarez // March 15, 2013 at 4:52 pm //

Hi. How do I request for a list of my g-cash transactions? thanks!

85. I want to purchase apps on the google playstore. can i use gcash for it??

86. i am so disappointed with gcash…to others do not use this service

87. Pintootsra // April 16, 2013 at 12:48 pm //

Alger Saligan says:
    January 11, 2013 at 7:50 pm
    paano po e transfer ang GLOBELoad to G-Cash ?

>hindi po pwede itransfer ang GLobe Load sa Gcash Wallet

Juvie Basa says:
    January 17, 2013 at 6:34 pm
    Hi! Please help, my friend just send money thru gcash as payment for her mail ordered gadget, unfortunately it was a scam, can she able to get the location of the gcash reference no.or to hold the cash remitted?

>Unfortunately, hindi po malaman ang location. reference number po ay galing po sa kung saan kayo nagdeposit. if Person-to-person, hindi din po ito malalman.. :(

kate says:
    March 1, 2013 at 3:32 am

>Register nalang po kayo ng bago niyong account.ok lang po ito.

melchie alvarez says:
    March 15, 2013 at 4:52 pm
    Hi. How do I request for a list of my g-cash transactions? thanks!

> Alam ko po hindi po kayo makakakuha ng list of transaction niyo. Even po sa Business Center, hindi ata nila ito mapoprovide sainyo

JD says:
    March 21, 2013 at 1:06 am
    I want to purchase apps on the google playstore. can i use gcash for it??
    >I think hindi po. try to download black aps para makapagdownload kayo ng apps na meron fee :)

james says:
    March 31, 2013 at 12:28 pm
    i am so disappointed with gcash…to others do not use this service

> ok naman ang Gcash. Very Hassle free po ito

88. RAY ALDRIN MACROHON // May 1, 2013 at 10:38 pm //

Cant buy load for my tm sim using my globe gcash. what do i do

89. anthony // July 16, 2013 at 6:11 pm //

sino po member ng gcash na agent sa gcash sosyo? salamat.

90. melinda santos // July 29, 2013 at 1:15 pm //

How to deactivate my gcash.i lost my phone kasi e

91. mel espiritu // August 2, 2013 at 5:51 pm //

san ba gcash sa pasig??

92. rosemarie geromo // August 25, 2013 at 11:52 am //

help po!paanu po magpapersonalize ng gcash number?pls kc unreg po daw ako pero nakareciv naman pera ung # ko! wat shud i do?

93. rosemarie geromo // August 25, 2013 at 11:55 am //

then nid pa dw ipapersonalize para makapagtransfer ako but di alam ng company how to personalize,wat po probable solution mam/sir?please do txt me po, 09094504760. thanks so much for help po!

94. hello po makarecieve po ba ng gcash kahit sun ung receiver? sabi ko kasi ndi but sabi nya pwede daw kasi nktry daw sila, plz

95. How can i transfer gcash to mY BPI account?

96. anna vicente // March 26, 2014 at 8:31 am //

May bayad po ba ang mag register sa GCash?
    Sa unang pag register kailangan ba ito paloadan agad?
    Kailangan po ba palagi itong may laman?
    Thank sa sasagot!

97. ferts paradero // April 4, 2014 at 11:32 am //

paano po ba mag receive ng pera thru gcash?? may nag send sakin ng gcash money pero d ko alam paano makukuha at saan?? plss help me thanks

98. Panu po ba i unlock ang GCash bigla kasi nag lock?

99. Nag apply kami ng gcash remit thru singtel. Natanggap na ng relative ko un atm card kaso walang pin. Tinry nya ikey ang mobile number nya pero sabi ng machine di raw recognized ang prepaid sim. Pano ma access ang atm sa bancnet/metrobank machines?

100. ang laki ng kaltas ng gcash hassle pa pumila sa globe haba ng pila madalas offline pa. okay na sana nagkaroon ng gcash sa puregold pero nung mag cash out na sana ako offline naman ibang klaseng serbisyo napaka hassle.

101. Mam/Sir paano ko po malalaman ang account no. ng GCASH ko? need ko po talaga

102. hi can anybody help me how to add/put money in Gcash? is there a possibility that my load can be converted to money in gcash?

103. My account was locked because i forgot my do i reset my mpin? pls help me i really need this account!!!

104. hi..please help me..every payday ndi pmapzok ang money sa atm ng powerpay.pag nagbalance inquiry aq s atm machine process not found ang nlabas…pero my laman nmn ang mobile sim…plz reply anu dpat gwin

105. zharae c. tabacon // October 28, 2014 at 6:40 pm //

my cousin sent me money through gcash. i received a confirmation that the P8,000.00 he sent me is already in my wallet. the problem is i cannot cash out the money because i dont know my pin. i registered my number 09174010635 but i haven’t received a confirmation that i am registered. thinking that i was already registered, i tried to check the last transaction using the pin that i input when i registered earlier but still it is not valid.
    what do i have to do?

106. if my phone accidentally got blocked, lost or stolen, etc…, is it still possible for me to cash out all my money in GCash? And if possible, how?

107. panu kung registration failed ?? anu gagawin tinry ko na ayaw padin mag activate ng globe postpaid ko sim registration failed padin

108. thidor nalabnab // February 2, 2015 at 4:31 pm //

Hello po sa inyu! This is my concern about gcash cash in last Saturday. .my problem po is hindi po ako nag undergo sa kyc process after ko po mgregister sa gcash. .then advice po ng 2882 is visit the gcash outlet nearest your place/ city. .nalibot ko po and buong city park makapag undergo po ako sa kyc process. .hindi din po akong pde mgcashout . .may ngadvice po sakin na gumamit ng gcash kaso d sinabi yung kyc process. .may refund po ba? Salamat po sasagot

109. how to refund the money on your gcash if your gcash card and gcash simcard is lost?

110. ask ko lang. ggmit kc ng gcash ung friend ko to send money to me. kso hndi ako globe. pde ba sa partner outlet nlang ako mg recv ng money. gcash acct nlang ng partner ng globe ako kumuha,

111. immaculada M. Zubiri // August 28, 2015 at 5:56 pm //

How can I buy my Sun Load Wallet through my Gcash, I tried but it didnt respond.Pls. Help me..any friend in this comment?

112. may nagleless po o may charge ba kapag nag-bayad ako ng bill thru gcash?

113. bakit yun gcash ng asawa ku currently locked ?panay ang txt ng 2882 sa tuwing mag log-in kami sa gcash?pano maayos yun?

114. Rosie Buentaventura // November 21, 2015 at 3:17 pm //

Paano po ba mag register, or mag ka meron ng Gcash? Sim lang ba ng globe? Tapos register? Need help!

4 Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. Donate via SMS for Typhoon Ondoy victims
  2. Globe GCASH ATM card now available
  3. Types of text scams
  4. Lesson #4: Using Mobile Money to Promote Financial Inclusion: Convenience & Access | Mobile Money for Development